BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm Back Baby! (Second Day 1)

So, a little over half a year later, and I'm doin' 30 Days of Raw again (for real)! Things got kicked off with dinner (raw of course) at the Everything Jesus Ranch in Seguin, TX. Today was my first full day of raw eating, and the rules are pretty much the same as before: only raw, organic foods, milk, and a gallon of alkaline water a day. I started my day with some yogurt, honey and Nutzola. For lunch I had a couple of salads which were very delicious. You take whatever greens your using (I went with baby romaine), drizzle them in olive oil, add a splash or two of Nama Shoyu (unpastuerized soy sauce), and add garlic and pepper. By far, this is the best way to eat a salad, as far as I'm concerned.

For dinner, I had the following:


At the bottom of the plate is a cracker made from dehydrated corn and some spices topped with butter, a pate, guacamole, and onions. Top left is a salad of corn, cabbage, and onion that's been marinated in whey. Top right is my favorite of the evening: kelp noodles served with whey marinated green beans, corn, broccoli, mushrooms, and carrots. Kelp, if you did not know, is an excellent source of iodide (the stuff they put in most table salts).

Well, that's all for the day. I snacked on some organic oranges and some dessert thing that the folks at EJ Ranch made up for me that, for the life of me, I can't remember what they're made of. In case you were wondering, I'm in it for the full 30 days this time round. I have the cash saved up and everything. So, check back here daily for menu items and updates on how the diet is affecting me!

0 comments: