BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 4, 2010

What is Raw?

Raw is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. For thirty days, I will eat only foods which have not been cooked in any way shape or form. For the purpose of my diet, I will only be eating certified organic foods or those food that I purchase from EJ Ranch. These are the folks that got me on the whole raw kick to begin with; and while they aren't certified organic, I can attest to their natural methods.

My diet will consist primarily of fruits, vegetables, and raw (unpasteurized, non-homogenized) dairy products. The purpose of this blog is to help me keep track of any and all changes I go through physically, mentally, et cetera as a result of this diet. Also, it may provide some interesting/valuable information to those of you that bother to read it. I'll be including recipes for those of you that would like to try something similar or just want a couple of healthy meal plans. Depending on how self-conscious I'm feeling, I may post before and after images.

What do I expect from this diet? Well, I'd like to lose some weight for starters. Secondly, I think it will help me get into new, better eating habits. Hopefully my forming a healthier eating lifestyle will also reflect in Franklin's eating habits as he grows up. We all want our children to lead better lives than we did, right?

A little about me: I'm 5'11", 175lbs, scored an 85 on my last PT test (35 push-ups/52 situps in a minute and 11:49 1.5 mile run time). I'm definitely not as fit as I could be or have been, but I do work out about three times a week. I'm tempted to not change my workout schedule and see what results I can get from dieting alone, but we'll see.

So that's pretty much it for my first post. Later, I'll go into what I eat during a typical day. Some things will surprise you at how delicious they are, others you might take to right away. Whatever works. Oh, why are there squirrels fighting in my background? Because that's awesome!

0 comments: