BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day the First

Well, I made it through one day of Raw, twenty-nine to go. The only thing is the cravings I get for cooked meat. Kas made fried tilapia and homemade fries for dinner tonight, and I really wanted to just sneak a piece of fish. My food is enjoyable though. Today I had:

all ingredients listed are raw
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakfast - a smoothie composed one cup whey, 1oz coconut oil, 1oz aloe juice, 1/2 avocado, 1 banana, about 1/4 of a pineapple, about 1/4 of a mango, and two leaves of collard greens.

Lunch - my own makeshift guacamole (avocado, butter, salt, cayenne, and garlic powder) on a dehydrated flax-seed/carrot cracker.

Dinner- a pate, yogurt, crumbled cheese, cayenne, garlic, salt mixture wrapped in a collard green leaf.

Dessert- a raw chocolate smoothie (special thanks to whichever of Kas's friends that gave her the recipe) consisting of 1 cup of milk, 1tbsp honey, 3 tbsp cacao nibs, 1 banana, and several alkaline ice cubes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition, I've consumed one gallon of alkaline water and about 32oz of milk as well as snacked on items such as grapes and watermelon. How do I feel? Well, I have to pee all the time, and that fried fish really did look good... but I'm not hungry. The food definitely fills you up (especially the breakfast smoothie). Drinking a gallon of water also helps keep you full. Tomorrow we're going to run to Whole Foods and grab some jicama and maybe a couple of other fruit items for me to munch on throughout the day. I also plan on trying some wild caught red sockeye Alaskan salmon sashimi :D

So what's the deal with alkaline water? I've only read a little about the purported benefits, but the basic idea is that when your body's PH is alkaline, there is more oxygen in your blood which apparently creates an unfriendly environment for viruses, cancers, etc. Is it true? Is it hokum? I don't know, but it has to be better for you than unfiltered tap water. Tastes better anyway.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I was the friend who suggested the smoothie! I have a friend who is a raw foods chef and its my FAV drink!

Were not doing raw foods but Ive been making these raw almond "truffles" that everyone here loves! Process 1c almonds to small grain size, add 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs, 2 or 3 tbsp raw agave. Roll into bite sized balls, sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa (not raw)YUM!!!! They are like energy balls!

Lindsay said...

Dang! I posted a comment yesterday, wonder where it went?

I was the friends that suggested the smoothie. SO good.

Were not raw but Ive been making these raw "energy" balls that are deelicious. Process 1c almonds till small grain, add 1 to 2 tbsp agave and 1/4c cacao nibs. Roll into balls and put in the fridge over night to dry out a little.
My hubby AND my 8 yr old eat them every day. The 8 yr old likes to eat them after swim practice, fills her up!