BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 5, 2010

Protein!

Builds muscle, makes you strong!!! My protein intake was brought up as a point of concern. Well, I'm going to tell you not to worry about it. Most sources I've read say someone like me should get about 56 grams of protein per day. Let's run down what should be my typical protein intake for a day:

protein:
from milk(32oz) : 36 grams
from avocado(1 whole): 05 grams
from whey(4oz) :~01 grams
from cheese*(??) : ?? grams
from yogurt(4oz) : 04 grams

So, I'm coming in at about 46 grams of protein not including whatever little bit I get from cheese. Today I grabbed two pieces of tuna sashimi from Central Market, so I'm certain that puts me over. The tuna was not so good, btw. I'll try some salmon from Whole Foods tomorrow. I digress...

I'm not so concerned with my protein intake as I don't do much all day other than sit at a desk. However, I did find this. Raw peanut butter! I'm gonna buy it, too. Pricy, I know, but if anyone is still concerned about my protein, this should assuage all fears.

*I nibble on little bits of cheese to offset cravings during the day, but I have no idea how much I'm getting.

0 comments: